CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Different Veiws and Just Plain Being Older

I don't know what it is about me, maybe I or even all the girls my age matured faster that girls who are younger than us. I watch the way that the girls who are even just a year younger than me (so 15) and I'm like "Okay that is how I was when I was like 13, what is the problem here?!?!". For me since I've been like done with all of that for like 3 years I don't get why the are acting that way, I don't get why they don't just grow up and get over it. I include the other girls my age in this because for the most part they seem to be the same as me in this and feel the same (Amber says that there is just something about the girls born in 1992).

When some of the biggest differences show up is when they are all complaining about their parents. Now I'm not saying that I've never been mad at my parents or complained about them because really what kid does not go through that 'I hate my parents, they don't care about me, they don't let me do anything' stage? I did go through that, but it was when I was like 11, 12, and 13. I hear them complain about all sorts of things that their parents don't allow them to do, watch certain movies, wear make-up, have boyfriends, or go to friends from schools homes. To me none of these things matter. If my parents don't want me to watch a movie or show they have a perfectly good reason for it, which actually means for me that I probably wouldn't have wanted to watch it in the first place. I don't care to wear make-up at all, basically you get what you see, nasty make-up covered girl that you have to wash to find, and besides it just is work to get done. You don't even want to get in to the subject of boyfriends with me and I my whole life have kept myself at a distance from the world so really that has never been a problem for me, I would much rather go to the brothern's home anyhow. When we are married with families none of these things are gonna matter, but then again these girls are not thinking about that.

I think that instead of getting mad at our parents we should be thinking of all the things that they do for us and all the things that they let us do. Our parents do some much to make our lives easier and they care so much about us. When we stop thinking about ourselves and what everyone should be doing for us, we can then start thinking about others and what we can do for them.

Things like church, living the faith and serving the Lord are my life and all that I want. So, I don't understand people who don't feel the same as me and I really don't understand it when people who have been raised in this way just simply don't care.

When I am with these younger girls I find myself having to hold my tongue because if I don't I'll end up saying something that they won't like. Oh, they won't actually listen to any of the things that I have to say, because we heard from Bro. Roger Bell when we were in Altruas that you are only hearing and not listening until you actually start thinking about the things that are said and applying them to your life. I do my best to try and speak some word of help to these girls, but when they don't want to listen it really gets me feeling down and like there is just no hope at all for them.

I really just don't see eye to eye with these girls.

3 comments:

Sabriena said...

I agree with you. Although I often find myself slipping into the same pattern. Oh, not about those same things. Who cares about makeup? It is disgusting. I'm not going to have a boyfriend until I come in the Faith anyway, and that is my decision, not my parents'. And if they don't want me to watch a movie, I sure don't complain. I am happy that they care enough about me to say it is something I don't want to watch. A specific time that has been something I look back to from time to time is when Mom and Dad were watching a movie and as it began, I walked into the room. "Watcha watchin'?" I asked. They said the name, then Dad said "I don't care if you watch it if you want to, but I don't think you'll like it." He then told me several reasons that I wouldn't probably like it, and said "But if you still want to watch it, that is okay with me." The way he said it was totally like he didn't care if I wanted to watch it or not. He felt that I was old enough to if I wanted to, however, he knew I wouldn't like it, so he first warned me. It was like he felt that I was old enough to make my own decision.

I often find myself falling into the selfish, thinking about myself attitude, but my intentions are not that. I definitely try to not be like that, it's just that sometimes I don't notice myself slipping into that pattern. Good post you made. Gives me something to think about.

I'm glad I was able to read more of your posts. When I came to click on your link, I thought "Ah, this will be nice. Sit back and read some of the things Elise has to say." I love the topics that you bring up.

crazy elise said...

I knew you would agree. Sometimes I wish that I could see you and we could just talk and talk about these things and our veiws on them, because I have so much I could say about it that it would take forever to type it all on here. lol you see my opinions while very straight forward and to some like those younger teenagers I was talking about I may be a little old fashioned, but I could go on and on about it (which maybe I should stop typing because I'm going on and on without even talking about those things lol).

I think we can all at times, in our own ways get pulled into that somewhat selfish way. I myself fight it everyday. I don't want to be selfish, but some times it seems to happen without us even noticing, until it is too late.

Sabriena said...

Exactly.