CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lunch

Two Wednesdays in ever month we have half days, so almost every other week. It's not really much of a half day because we are only getting out at 1:00, which means only an hour and a half off, last year was better because we got out at 12:30. I don't know why they decided to change it this year. So, they have our schedule all messed up with this not so half day, last year it all worked out, we had our first 6 classes before lunch and had our lunch at the regular time, but this year because of how it's set up we go to lunch 15 minutes early. This don't work out so well, we share our cafeteria with the Elementary and Middle school and the little kids eat before us. So, when we come 15 minutes early the little kids are still eating and the lunch ladies aren't ready for us. Which means that even though we are getting out 15 minutes early we have to wait outside of the lunch room until the regular time. (The people who decided on this schedule were not very bright if you as me, cause really we are getting a shorter lunch.) Somehow I am always able to squeeze and push my way up to the front of the people waiting outside the doors (what can I say, I'm just small I guess). Well everyone is just pushing and shoving because they want food. A few times they manage to get the doors open, mostly when they were sending people who got in back out. I was ended up stuck in the middle of this mob of about 20 or more guys, who were all pushing and shoving at the closed doors. This was a very dangerous place to be, really scary, I thought for sure I was going to be smashed. There were at least two times when I ended up inside by force of the shoving when the doors got opened, which they would then send us all back outside, which was difficult when everyone else had move forward to the doors when we got in. I was proud of myself though, when they counted the first 20 to go in and I was #9.

4 comments:

Sabriena said...

Wow! Feeding Frenzy! LOL. When you mentioned that you were wondering why they gave extra school time this year than last, I decided I would ask you if you've ever watched "Recess: Schools Out". It's actually a little kids movie, basically. It's actually kind of dumb. However, our family has, for some unfortunate reason, rented it 3 times, now. Needless to say, I was not there any of the times that they got it! Also needless to say, I wasn't that happy after the first time. Oh, and now, Kali tells me that we've actually bought it! Shocking, eh? What's going on, you see, is that our local video store is selling their video cassettes, for a dollar each, I believe, and so almost every time they get a movie from there, they usually buy one, too! Or 10! LOL. But it's not that funny when they are getting all these stupid movies. And everybody else already bought the cool "Back to the Future" movies, "Free Willy", etc. Do you realize that some of my younger siblings haven't even watched Free Willy? Well, maybe they've watched it, but they surely don't remember it. I mean, that was like, the big movie of my childhood. My eight and ninth years, I suppose I should say. We didn't really watch movies before then. Anyway, I guess this comment is long enough.

But before I go, in reply to your mentioning your Mom's remark; I sometimes think the same thing! LOL. It's great to get to talk to you, though. I'm always telling people about this as one of the major high points of having a blog. Since you have one, we get to visit!

crazy elise said...

Yes, Feeding Frenzy is right. I think I mingt have watched that movie but it would have been a while back and I don't remember it. We have at least the first 2 Free Willy movies, I think grandma gave them to kids for christmas. I've never actually watched Back to the Future though, but I would like to sometime. I actually rarely watch movie now since we don't have a T.V., we can watch them on the computer, so sometimes it they get something I want to watch I'll watch it.

It is really nice to get to visit with you on here.

Chantel H said...

Who do you think your kidding? "oh, they pushed me," Ya right, sure Elise. The oldest of soon to be 7 kids and you want us to believe that you're not pushy?! :) Love ya, even if you are a bit pushy!

crazy elise said...

When there are 20 people who are twice as big as you and are pushing towards one desination and you are in the middle of it you get pushed.