CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, June 9, 2008

Rejoicing

Shay was baptized yesterday. I was so happy and even more happier when dad said that if we could get someone to watch the other kids then mom, dad, Dale and me could go over for the ordinance supper. Before church had started she had came to my mind and so I silently prayed for her in my head. Then when ever grandmas phone rang in church it was like I just knew that she was getting baptized (and I hadn't even known that she had been crying in church on Wednesday night and talking to her parents). So, after we were done eating at the church we had grandma take us home so we could get to little car. Dad had to change the oil first so me and Dale asked to ride with grandma. On the way over Kara, grandma and I sang out of my song books. The ordinance supper was wonderful and I was so glad that I was able to go because I hadn't been able to go to an ordinance supper since I was baptized and I was so glad to see Shay on such a grand day.



Shays friend Catie from school was also there. It sounded like she's been going to church with them. In the last few months I had been praying for her (when I remembered that is). I have to thank God for how far I've come because a year ago I really didn't like Catie or Shay being friends with her, but now I've been praying for her and I've even came to like her a lot now.


It was a wonderful and beautiful day.

6 comments:

Sabriena said...

That is so awesome! I'm so excited for her, I'm always excited for people being baptized, even though I often don't know who the person is. At least I'm acquainted with Shay. Isn't she about our age? That is so great that you were able to make it to the Ordinance Supper. I felt bad for you not being able to go to the one that we had here last time. I wish I could have been with you all, singing. I love singing. I'll try to remember Catie in my prayers, too, and hopefully she will also be baptized one of these days!

Kalisha said...

That is so neat. And awesome of course.

JoAnn said...

Wonderful news! Shay is Mark & Kims daughter, right? Just checking. Very, Very happy for her.

meNmykids said...

Wonderful news. I love to read your uplifting posts.

crazy elise said...

Sabrina: Yes Shay is our age. I was so happy (as you already know). Thank you for trying to remember about Catie too, it's really cool to me because I hadn't even known that she had been going to church, but about a month or two ago I started praying that she would.

Kalisha: Thanks, it is very neat and awesome.

Joann: Yes Shay is Mark and Kims daughter.

Gale: Thank you.

Sabriena said...

Well, that's a good thing.