CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Holidays

Dear friends and family,

This past year seemed to be a full one for me. Although we didn’t realize at the time, my family went on quite a few trips, mostly to California and Washington.

During my spring break I went down and visited Amber for about a week. We went to the movies and hung out in the small town they live in. while I was there Shay came, which was great being with two of my best friends. When we weren’t watching movies or waling all over town, we spent our time scrap booking. Not having Easter with my family was really different. When I left Alturas, Amber and I rode up to Brownsville with Aunt Kim and the girls.

Like every year, or most years I guess, my family went to the Brewster camp out over Memorial weekend. Every camp out seems to be better than the last. The church meeting we had was pretty encouraging and wonderful as was the singing. Just being around the brethren was great and made leaving hard.

Dad worked up in Brewster in the beginning of the summer. We spent a week up there in July, which was fun. We visited with the brethren there and I got to hang out with Chantea and ride horses with her. At the end of the month we went down to Tulare, California for Chris and Cayla’s wedding. I thought that the wedding was really quite beautiful. That was the first time we had been down there and the brethren were real nice and hospitable. That’s one reason I love the brethren so much, they don’t even have to know you and they show you their love and compassion and invite you into their homes with hospitality.

School is going pretty good so far this year. My grades aren’t that good right now, but I plan on getting them up as soon as I can.

I’m hoping to get my license in two weeks and I have applied for a job at a few places, but haven’t gotten any calls yet. I did baby sit in the summer and have some since too.

My family is staying home for Christmas this year. We’re excited about staying home because we’ve been gone on Christmas in the past few years. We have a tree for the first time in 4 years and we’ve had the tree up for and decorated since the beginning of the month. Christmas should be nice with just the family.

We’ve had some hard times and loses through the year, but the Lord has seen us through them. Mom is expecting a new baby in January, which we are all excited about. I hope this new year is a bright one for us and all of you.

Love,
Sis. Elise Gray

7 comments:

Tish said...

It's sounds like you've had a pretty good year. Hopefully the coming year is full of good things too.

Merry Christmas!

meNmykids said...

Hope the new year brings joy. What a big year for you all. Christmas is good with just the family too. We always do it that way.

Sabriena said...

Our year was pretty full, too. I suppose I should make one of those posts... but maybe I'll just write out a draft, then publish it on the 31st. It's nice that you got to go waling all over town with Amber and Shay! LOL. I almost spelled "walking" instead of "waling" just now! LOL. Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

crazy elise said...

Every year we hve to write a christmas letter in English class, so I thought that I would put it on here since I never send it. Yeah my teacher maked that mistake and I totally forgot about fixing it when I put it on here, actually I forgot about it until just now when I read your comment. lol

Sabriena said...

Hehe!

One year Grandma and all her children/grandchildren were supposed to write about a Christmas. I wrote about going to OK for Christmas when I was just a little girl. I always have been a bit long winded... it lasted 4 pages! I think everybody must have been bored to death while I was reading it! Especially since I had laryngitis and could hardly talk.

Anyway, what I was going to say is that Uncle John and Aunt Sylvia wrote about the same Christmas. Both of their stories were pretty funny. Especially since they were so different! It was Uncle John's first Christmas with the Hays family, because he was Aunt Laurie's fiance. I'll have to see if I can obtain copies of those stories, and permission from Aunt Sylvia and Uncle John, so that I can put them on my blog in a few days! Maybe not, but it was so funny!

Sabriena said...

BTW, I didn't mean it was Uncle Johns first Christmas with the Hays' when we did that (I wasn't born... duh!), but that that was the X-mas they wrote about. I'm sure you figured that out, but still.....

crazy elise said...

That's funny.

I am also very long winded in telling the details of everything and usually my christmas letters end up being a lot longer, but this year our teacher told us that it had to be only on typed page, so I had to cut it a bit short.