CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Poem

When I feel discouraged
and life becomes a task
I think of sweet young Mary
riding on a donkeys back

How deep was her anguish
Oh, how great was her pain
Sheltered in a stable on the
night the Christ Child came

It took faith to see the glory
on that cold night, I suppose
When she wrapped her new born baby
lovingly in swaddling clothes

In my mind, I see our Savior
in the manger at rest
Thank you Lord, hope raings eternal
and I know I've been blessed

Sis. Betha

(Some of you may have gotten this poem in my Aunt Vels christmas card, but today would have been grandma's birthday and I don't really have any of her poems or songs, and I wanted to post something for her, so I decided to just post this poem.)

2 comments:

meNmykids said...

I like that poem, there it sits on my wall with all the other Christmas things.

Tish said...

This poem made me think about how many loved ones I had surrounding me, the warm home and support I had when I had Zaccheus (all my kids for that matter) It really made me imagine what Mary went through giving birth by herself, in a stable, with no nice things to clother her baby in. How humbling.