CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, January 12, 2009

Blessed

Last week in my English class we watched a video on the life of Stalin to get ready to read A Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich'. The way he treated his people really got to me and the worst was when they showed the destroying of churches and temples and the killing of priests. The part when he brought back the churches and such because he wanted help winning the war really bugged me because I know that that is not how it works. All books teach you something about life or at least they should and this one is teaching me how lucky I have to not have lived in that time of in any country with rulers such as Stalin.
It really made me see how blessed we really are to live in a country where were have the freedom to serve God. In some ways with all of the laws we have some may not feel so free, but when the thing that matters to me the most is serving God and the country that I live in gives me that freedom I know that I am blessed.
Then I realize that I am also blessed to have even been chosen to serve the Lord and be a child of God because I know that it didn't have to be me, he could have chosen anyone else.
(P.S. I had planned on posting this last week, but never got around to it.)

3 comments:

meNmykids said...

I am horrified all over again about Stalin. I remember the first time I really understood the horrible things he did. I think that I cried. We are soooo blessed!

Sabriena said...

I am so glad we don't have that in our life. Like you said, we are very blessed. There aren't that many laws that try to interfere with our service to the Lord. I want to get baptized so bad. I can hardly stand it! But I'll keep waiting for God's time. We are indeed very blessed not to have a ruler like Stalin. I don't think I've really read about him. And now, I don't really want to!

crazy elise said...

I know you do and I am praying for you.