CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Snow Party

So, I had thought that we weren't gonna be going to the snow party because mom isn't up to traveling and we don't have a lot of money for traveling. I had known that they were having a snow party in Alturas and that Shay and Brandon were probably going, but I didn't really care too much about not being able to go because I hadn't ever expected that I would be going with mom being pregnant. Then at about 11:00 on Friday morning Bro. Bill called to see if Tyrel, Mackenzie and I wanted to ride with him and Ryan down to the snow party. Mom called and talked to dad, I called Amber to find out more about what was going on for the snow party (the same things as every year), mom called dad to tell him what Amber said, dad called Bro. Bill and then some more back and forth. They decided that we could meet him and go, which meant that we had to hurry and get packed and everything that we were already planning on doing that day in about 3 hours. We had had a whole list of things that we needed to get done, but had decided to go in around 1 so that on our way home we could go to Sonic during happy hour, so like none of us were even ready to go to town yet. Tyrel had went to work with dad and after work they were planning on going to get him a hair cut, so they were trying to find a place in Redmond to get it done, but decided everywhere in Redmond was too pricey and went to the place they had planned on going to in Bend. Mom and all of us at home hurried and got our things packed and were heading to town by about 12. We stopped at the D.M.V. as planned for me to take the safety test again and guess what, I PASSED AND GOT MY LICENSE!!! Then we went to Bend to meet dad, moved our things into his car, got lunch and headed for La Pine to meet Bro. Bill.

On the way down we sang and played a spelling game. Bro. Bill's turn was before me on the spelling game and he kept on making me have to spell 'Y' word, which got hard after a while.

We got down there at about 6:30 or 7:00. Said hello, hugged lots of people and told people that I got my license. At 8:00 we had a surprise birthday party for Alissa Young, who had recently turned 13 and then we ate dinner. Then we played Pictanary, Wink'em and Who's Holding My Hands. Most of the older boys, who are like around my age and some a little older wouldn't play the games, which made me a little mad at them, but I tried to wrestle them into sitting down and playing, their just bigger than me.

At ten us girls all went over to Amber's to hang out and then 'got to bed'.

Saturday morning we got around and went over to the church to have breakfast. At about 10:00 we got ready and left for the snow. We were out sledding until about 1:30. It was a lot of fun; they also had a fire up there and hot chocolate and muffins. It was between 1:30 and 2:00 when they realized how late it was getting and started heading back, so it was like 3:00 by the time we had lunch.

After we were done having lunch we played States; we tried to teach them how to play were you have the name of the person to your left at the beginning of the game instead of states, but I guess that was too confusing for them. Then we all got little kids for partners and helped them do a scavenger hunt, it was really fun. After that we played Wink'em, I hurt my had playing because I went to hit Brandon and hit the bench instead, which didn't feel too good.

When Rachel called to tell us that she was ready, the young kids all went over to the school to have our scavenger hunt. It was with bible verses and we had to look up the verse, find the key word and go to somewhere there to find the next clue. It was cold outside, so Shay and I decided that we had enough bibles (the prise is a bible for the first boy and first girl) and quit with Katie and Ketura. Tyrel won the boy bible and Amber won the girl bible and gave it to Victoria (the girl who was in a wheelchair when we were down there last time).

At about 6:30 we had a singing and then ate dinner after that because we had ate lunch so late. After we ate we started thinking of initiation games to do, Rachel helped us and we came up with a list that was about a page long, but only did about 5 of them. We got crayons and rolled out their roll of paper on one of the tables for the little kids. It was like after 9:00 by the time we were ready to start playing the games. We played Measure Your Coffin First, then Who Do You Love? Who Do You Love was really funny when we did it on Tyrel because first he said God, then Elise and then George (a boy who was there). Then we played Blow the Penny Out of the Cup; Shay and I hadn't played that one before, so we had to have it done to us too, but we made sure to be the first ones. Then Mr. and Miss. Salt Lake City and after that we did the Train, which I found out that Josh and I were the only ones who had played and he couldn't remember how it went, so I let C.J. Pittman and Kelsey, Amber's cousin, help me because they hadn't wanted to do it and were still in there. After that we played Questions and Answers, the girls had Answers and the one I got was 'Purple rainbows are my favorite', when we were done with that we played Wink'em until 12:00 when it was time for the girls to go to the house and everyone to 'go to bed'.

-While we were getting ready to play the games, Tyrel had some hot chocolate and Josh, not knowing about him having hot chocolate, came up behind him to hug him or something, which then made the hot chocolate spill all over the front of Tyrel. Tyrel threw off his new WHITE sweatshirt (it has some brown on it, but mostly white; not a good color) and the boys ran him in to the bathroom to clean up and cool his neck and chest off, so that hopefully he wouldn't be burned. Well I grabbed his WHITE sweatshirt that had hot chocolate down the front, found Amber to see what we should do with it, we soaked it in cold water and put shout on it when we got to her house and the sweatshirt didn't stain *magic*.

Daphene, Amber and I were smart and took showers that night so that we wouldn't have to wait in line for one the next morning. I was the last in line for that night and I was out by 1:15, but then Amber, Shay, Victoria and I stayed up for a lot longer talking before we went to bed and then to sleep.

Sunday morning we got up and went over to the church for breakfast and then came back to get ready for church.

The church meeting was really wonderful.

Bro. Brad Bell preached mostly about the difference and separation between wise and foolish. He also talked some about how the faith is something that we each have to do ourselves and we can't do it for any one else and the same for them not being able to do it for us. He read in a few different places too. Bro. Cory Bell then got up and read in a few different places. He mostly talked about how the faith is more that just going to church on Sunday and Wednesday, not cutting your hair and not going to the hospital. Bro. Marven Wilkinson then talked about how there is room for everyone to serve the Lord and not to let Satan convince you other ways. Bro. Josh Fitzjerrel talked about forgiveness and read in the 18th chapter of Matthew. Bro. Bill Hays and Bro. Mark Mcmanus both got up, but I don't remember exactly what they said. There was also a different brother, who I didn't know who got up but I don't remember what he said either and there were 2 sisters who testified. Sis. Andra (she used to be a Bell, I don't know what her last name is now though) prayed for her little brother, Patrick; I think that it was probably one of the most beautiful prayers I ever heard.

After we ate and said bye to everyone we left for home.

It was an amazing weekend that I was not even expecting to have. I guess leaving the plans to the Lord is already working work in a wonderful way.


10 comments:

Sabriena said...

That's great. It sounds like the whole weekend was a lot of fun. How does it feel to have a license? I guess I will know myself, one of these days. It sounds like meeting was really, really good. We had good ministry too, as I've mentioned. They kind of mentioned the same thing, because I specifically remember Bro. Denny talking about having family/friends out in the world, and how that it is impossible not to have someone you love to be not serving the Lord. Which is certainly true! Anyway, it was nice. I'm glad you got to have so much fun. And now, for the time that I end up getting to have on the computer (field trip in not too long, meeting at our house before-hand), I need to put pictures and link list back on my page.

Mom just said we've got to get the kids ready, so I probably won't be able to do anything.

meNmykids said...

What a wonderful weekend! Things are so much more precious if we aren't expecting them, then we don't take them for granted. Congratulations on your drivers license.

crazy elise said...

Yes it was just wonderful. Well, I don't really know what it feels like to have a license, since I haven't got to drive since I got it, but hopefully soon.

Kim said...

It's great that you got to go! It is always a comfort to go be among the brethren. I'm glad the Lord made a way for you to go.

Sabriena said...

Oh well, you will soon enough.

crazy elise said...

Yeah, I got to drive the boys home today after us and mom meet dad in town.

Sabriena said...

The only times I've driven without a 5-years-valid-licensed at-least-21 year old in the front seat, is while we were camping this year and last. It was kind of exciting, but I think it would be different in town. Surely it would. How could it not be? LOL. So now that you've had the experience, how does it feel?

crazy elise said...

FREEDOM!!!LOL

Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

I'm so glad to hear about your license and that you were able to go to the snowparty.

Sabriena said...

LOL! Freedom, eh? LOL.

If you get a chance, write another post. I will try to check it when I can. Right now I have a break from the company, but I don't know what tomorrow will bring - if there's a tomorrow.