CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, January 22, 2009

His/Their Love

He loved me more than any other, held me in his arms as a babe.
As I grow older his love grows more and more, he cares and wants to keep me in the safety of his arms.
I'll stumble and fall, he'll be there to catch me and teach me the way.
He's there for me even when I don't want him, hears my cries and sees my smiles.



(It says 'His/Their because I originally wrote it about my parents, but then realized that the titles 'he' 'they' could be switched and the poem would apply for the Lord also. I started writing it in my head when I was thinking about how much my parents care about me, how they are now able to show me their love and care in a new way by every time I go to drive somewhere they make sure to tell/remind me to drive safe. I feel very special to be able to hear this from them even if other people say the same thing to their driving teens. I realize how different my life would be with out either one of my parents or with out God and that they all care and love me more that I will ever know.)

3 comments:

meNmykids said...

Remember that always. You have great parents.

Sabriena said...

That's really sweet. I wanted to read this post last night, but it was bedtime, and I wasn't allowed to stay up, because it would cause problems with the other kids. I was also wondering about the "he/their", because I thought it was applying to the Lord, yet the parallels seemed that it could apply to your Dad. I didn't understand the "their" until you explained it. It definitely is one that could apply to either your parents, "their", or God, "His".

Keep writing! Hope I see you at the wedding. Make you sing your song...

Sabriena said...

Hey, you should go to "http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/" and find yourself a new background. Not that I don't like the one you have... but it's so exciting to do! So if you have an extra minute...

It doesn't delete any of your other widgets/gadgets (such as pictures), like pyzam.com does. And the instructions are really easy to follow. Anyway, you don't have to, but if you have some spare time, you should at least look, because it is so exciting!