CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Us Young Kids

CHURCH

It's really been bothering me how every week I sit in church trying so hard to pay attention and praying that God will use me in meeting, when I have the girls on the right side of me talking, giggling and (worst of all) texting and then on the other side of me I have the boys with their heads bowed down really low (so not to be seen) whispering to each other. This all really bugs me. Like a lot. To me I don't see why they are even coming really if there not even going to be paying attention to the work of God going on (don't get me wrong I'm really glad that they come to church, but I just don't get it), half the time the girls aren't even singing (kinda odd that the boys sing more than the girls). I've spent a lot of time thinking about this and I feel that the reason we sit away from our parents is because we are old enough to behave ourselves without having to be told, which it seems that the young kids everywhere have proven this to be wrong because a lot of the young kids act worse than they did when they were younger and sat with there parents, because their parents aren't sitting there getting on to them about it anymore. I think that now that we are old enough to sit away from our parents then we are also old enough to pay attention and be seeking the Lord. Church is not a place to play, visit or be TEXTING (sometimes I really wish there wasn't a such thing as cell phones). I debate one whether or not I should sit somewhere else so that I'm not so distracted, I have done this before, back in the fall I sat on the bench in front of them for about a month.



MUSIC

On church dinner day, the boys were in the church listen in to music on Tyrels mp3 player. I said that I didn't really think that they should be listening to it in there (since their music isn't the greatest). They said well there's not anyone in here. I just pointed up as to said that God is. Then I got to thinking about it, I remembered that God is everywhere and hears everything too. A lot of the teenagers these days seem to be listening to music that isn't really the greatest to be listening to. So, I decided that while I can't make them all change there ways, but I can change mine, I'm gonna stop listening to music that may have the wrong kind of meaning to it (which won't be too hard since I usually don't listen to very much of it anyhow because I just don't like it).


VISITING
It seems to me that when the young kids are together they never really talk on the word or spiritual thing. I think that it would be good if we did talk with the people our age about these things because it could help us to have a better understanding of the word and it would be good for us spiritually. I have never had a conversation on the word with anyone my age and it seem that it would be helpful. So, I have been praying that the young kids cold have more spiritual visits.




(It would seem that I'm a very opinionated person.)

5 comments:

Sabriena said...

ELISE!!! These are EXACTLY my thoughts. You put it into words so well. I feel the same way. I once decided to sit separate from the Young Kids, because I didn't want to be confused with those who were doing the whispering, giggling, note passing, texting, etc. But more importantly, like you said, I did not want to be distracted. I was planning on sitting next to Mom, so that I could help her with the little kids, and she could also concentrate better. One of my dear friends advised me that it might not be a good idea, because the Young Kids would think that I thought I was too good for them. At that point, I agreed to only sit next to Mom on Sundays, and now I am glad that I did, because I see where the Sister was exactly right. I think that sitting one seat ahead is definitely a better idea, because it is still like you are "with" them, yet you can concentrate. I also agree with what you said about "Why do they even come?" It is so good for them to come, but what is the point, if they aren't paying attention?

With what you said about having more Spiritual talks, I agree with that, too. There was a period where I was almost in tears, because Mom has told me so many stories of when she was a Young Kid, and they had so many Spiritual things going on, they were all pressing in, putting God first, many of them were baptized, etc. I wanted so bad to get to have those kinds of experiences. I still do want those experiences, of course, it's just that now I am not crying over them, or the lack thereof.

I have always felt that way about the music, too! If I know that there is some meaning in them that is not right, I don't like to listen to them. This is kind of like a constant war between Bethany and I, because she feels that those songs are okay, even when I tell her that they mean something bad. She just thinks that I think ALL songs are bad if they aren't gospel, though, because those are usually the only songs that I sing. Therefore, she doesn't believe me when I say that they are bad. It kind of hurts, though, because I hate listening to bad songs, or songs that have bad meanings or bad words, yet she feels it's okay, and will sing them or listen to them when I can hear, and I don't want to hear, because then the beat will get into my head, and it is very hard to get the beat out of my head, but it's a song that I DON'T want to listen to. That was a total run on sentence! By the way, Bethany doesn't listen to the songs that actually have bad WORDS, because she KNOWS about them. I wish she knew that there really are hidden meanings in the other songs, yet I DON'T want her to know, because I want to protect her from that.

Anyway, this is long enough to be a post in itself, but oh, well. It is kind of like us having an actual conversation.

I haven't really prayed about having those Spiritual experiences, but I should. I should pray about the other things, too. Music, distracting behavior in Church, and any other things that seem so big to me.

I guess that I'm really opinionated, too!

crazy elise said...

Well I can see that we really agree on these things. I wish that there weren't so many distractions in the world today so that we could be more able to have those spiritual moments together. But the young kids in this day seem too wrapped up in the things of this world that they can't even pay attention in church.

I have that same kind of problem with music with Tyrel, but I think that he actually understands the meaning and just don't care. He will get mad sometimes when I change the radio station and he likes the song that is playing, but I change it because I care about my younger brothers and sisters. I also sing gospel songs most of the time because 1) I like the songs (of course) 2) the meaning is always good (duh) 3) their easy to remember or it's like they just come to you and you don't even really know why. Sometimes I sing songs from choir when they are stuck in my head, but usally just church songs.

Sabriena said...

Yeah. It's so good to have somebody who is my age and feels the same way. It seems like anybody else that I've talked to about this, agree when they are older and wiser... which although it makes me feel somewhat older and wiser, I would rather have these types of visits with those my age, too. Of course, now that you have Andy, I haven't got anybody my age! The closest is Kali, then Elysha, and they are almost 2 years younger than me! That is not to say that they aren't my friends, though. I'm SO glad that you have this blog so that I can visit with you more, and this way, although it's not the same as a phone conversation, I can at least do it anytime! You might not get the message right away, but I would be able to talk to you any time!

Sylvia said...

I have really enjoyed this post and your comments. The young kids need to learn how to behave, and they have to learn it from someone. Growing up is all about learning what is godly, wise, kind etc.
Sometimes we don't realize the effects of our actions until we are older. You girls can be an example to the others. You don't have to say much just let your light and you joy shine out. They will respect you and your life. They might not show it but it will be there if you are sincere.
Sometimes you have to step back a little to help yourself. So a different bench might help.
Sorry I have been preachy, and long. I'll pray for you

crazy elise said...

Sabrina: It is nice to have someone who agrees. I don't really understand people who say that maybe those things will work for them when they are older and wiser because we have come to the age whe we need to start doing these things. While I may have Andy he doesn't really seem to want to talk about these things so much.


Slyvia: Thank you, I really like what you said, it's good advice. It gives us alot to think about and it's not too preachy or long.